What is the Aboriginal Business Service Network?
The Aboriginal Business Service Network is comprised of organizations who offer services to Aboriginal entrepreneurs.
- Business information and resource materials
- Assistance with business plan preparation
- Business advisory services
- Training in the form of workshops and seminars
- Financing for businesses
Business Development Resources
Completed Business Plans and Entry Forms must be received by Friday March 10, 2017, at 4:30 pm
There are two categories you can enter:
Rural Category – Entries from outside the City of Winnipeg
Urban Category – Entries from the City of Winnipeg
Who can enter Dragon’s Quest?
- Contest is open to all new and existing Aboriginal (First Nations, Inuit and Metis) Manitoba-based businesses in all sectors/industry categories
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Business started after January 31, 2016 or that will start by April 30, 2017 are Eligible to ente
NEW this year, if your business has started after January 31, 2016, you must provide proof by submitting a copy of your business registration along with your Entry Form
How to enter the Competition:
Submit your business plan and completed Dragon’s Quest Entry Form to the ABSN Coordinator at Community Futures Manitoba
1. By mail to:
559-167 Lombard Ave.
2. By Email: email@example.com
What happens after you enter the Contest?
Your business plan will be judged by three Volunteer Judges from various business support programs throughout Manitoba. Each judge will rank your business plan and assign you for point values and content required in your business plan (Please refer to Business Plan Judging Criteria for more information on point values and content the judges are looking for)
Once judging is completed by our Volunteer Judges the top three business plan applicants in each of the Rural and Urban (City of Winnipeg) categories be invited as Semi- Finalists to attend the 2017 Vision Quest Conference in May 2017 to compete in a “Pitch your Business” to our panel of guest Judges who will judge your pitch presentation and assign you a score and also a live audience who will be voting using hand held voting devices. ( Please see Guest Judge Criteria for Pitch Presentation to see what the judges are looking for in your Pitch Presentation)
Winners will be announced at the Gala Banquet and will receive an award of $5,000.00 to be put towards business start-up or operational costs.
How the winners are determined:
Your scores from three rounds of judging will be tallied and the Semi Finalist with the highest score will be declared the winner.
The three rounds of judging are based on the following:
- Business Plan score you received from the Volunteer Judges that qualified you as a Semi- Finalist will be factored into the final scoring results ( Value 150 points)
- The “Pitch Presentation” score from the Guest Judges ( Value 100 points)
- The Audience Participation Voting score based on your “Pitch Presentation” ( Value 25 points)
For more information:
Tel: (204) 944-8438